Tuesday, August 03, 2010

Girls' Weekend 2010

This past weekend was our annual Girls' Weekend.  Juli Beth hosted us at her house and we spent most of the weekend just hanging out and talking (and of course eating!)  Friday night we went to Cheesecake Factory for dinner and were excited to learn that it was 1/2 price cheesecake night!!!

Suzanne, Carrie, Juli Beth, Staci, & Megan
Before we decided on where to go to dinner, we were sitting in the living room at JB's house.  Everyone had finally arrived (besides Shauna who didn't get to come until Saturday morning) and we were relaxing on the couches.  I noticed that it got really quiet and I looked around to see that everyone was doing something on their phone.  I finally cleared my throat rather loud and said, "I thought I was here to talk to my friends...but I guess the internet is more interesting?!?"  They all started laughing and said that they were all posting on Facebook about the fact that we were together.  What has this world come to?  You can't even go hang out with some friends without posting on FB to let them know you're hanging out with them! lol   The picture below might give some insight as to why I was not on my phone.  Can you guess which phone belongs to me?
Keeping with tradition, we stopped at Target after dinner to get matching jammies.  (I love how you can see Suzanne's pregnant belly in the picture below!  So cute!)
We spent some time Friday night having a devotional and then played a game before going to bed (way too late).  Saturday we spent the day alternating between eating, hanging out at JB's house, and shopping.  It was a great weekend with my life long friends!

5 comments:

The Goforths said...

FUN! I right there with you on the old-school phone (I'm not on FB either so I get two marks against me in the technology world).

suzspeaks said...

Such a blessing for us all to get together! Thanks for the belly shot!! ha! Love you!

Ann Hastings said...

SO glad you had a great time... I totally understand your feeling about your phone, I think ALL of my friends have an iphone, when I was at girls weekend- the same thing happened to me :)

Mom said...

Just think -- In 20 years those phones will look as old as the "car phones" of the past. You kids will get a laugh out of the picture of them.

Leave It To Davis said...

Love the pj-feet pic....