Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Wise Words from a 4 year old

The other day the boys were hanging all over Mike when he got home from work.  Barrett was standing on Mike's bare feet reaching for his hands.  Brody walked over and began to imitate what Barrett was doing.  Well...Brody's much heavier than Barrett and Mike said, "Hey!  Don't step on my feet!  It hurts!"  Brody looked up at him and simply said, "That's what you get with kids!"

Mike and I were both dying laughing (behind our hands of course...wouldn't want Brody to see!)  It made me think of a comment he made a few weeks ago.

Mike and Brody were running around the house shooting each other with Brody's new dart gun.  Before long it turned into "shoot mommy".  Mike was standing by the pantry and shot me in the back of the head with one of the darts.  Brody looked at me waiting for my reaction.  He said, "That wasn't very nice, was it mommy?"  I said, "No.  You're not supposed to shoot people in the head are you?!"  Under his breath I heard him say, "That's just adults for ya!"

Wise beyond his years....

2 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

That is so funny! Glad you recorded his words!!!

Nancy said...

Good thing I wasn't there, I'm not
sure I could have contained my laughter!!