Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Bare Cheeks...watch out!

I have yet to take a picture of the playground that Daddy Steve and Namaw built (with the help of Mike, Caleb, Audria, Tyler, Brody, & Barrett) last weekend in their backyard, but the boys are LOVING it!  They play out there every day while I work.  (I promise to post a picture soon.)

On Monday, Namaw went and bought a yard of play sand and put it underneath the playground in a big sandbox.  The boys absolutely love the sand.  Me?  Well...I'm not so sure about the sand.  Sure, the boys love it...but it is MESSY! 

Today I had them strip off their clothes and I hosed them down before I let them inside for their naptime.  I dried them off by the back door, fixed their sippy cups of water for their nap, and then picked up Barrett to carry him upstairs.  When I was halfway up the stairs I simultaneously heard and felt a loud toot! Barrett's little butt cheeks reverberated on my arm as I was carrying him upstairs.  He began laughing uncontrollably and I was just a little bit grossed out!  I mean, it was LOUD!  When you have his bare butt on my bare arm and don't forget to factor in that he was still kinda damp from the water hose...it made for quite a noise!

Anyways, the gross part was when I set him down in the bedroom.  He was laughing telling Brody what happened and I looked down at my arm to see that it was all wet!  Brody saw what I was looking at and said, "Let me smell!"  REALLY?!?  GROSS!!!!  Now I know that it was just water from the water hose...but there was NO WAY I wanted to smell that!  I went straight to the bathroom to wash my arm.

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Halarious :)

RaeAnn said...

LOL! I wonder if that's something my girls would do and say or if it's a boy thing?

Paula said...

What???? No picture?