Thursday, August 12, 2010

The Doctor Shot Me!

Tuesday I took the boys to a new doctor for the first time.  I was very pleased with how friendly the office staff was and really liked Dr. D.  Here are their stats from their annual well-checks:

Brody - 4 years old (well...he will be on Saturday)
36 pounds - 51%
41" tall - 64%

Barrett - 2 years 1.5 months old
22.4 pounds - less than 3%
33" tall - 14%

Barrett has been eating so much better over the past 6 months, so I was surprised that he's still so small on the growth charts!  He had to get 2 shots and he didn't particularly like them...but he calmed down pretty quick when he saw the camo band aid the nurse was applying and the tears were gone when she pulled out her bucket of suckers.  We all got a big laugh when we arrived at work and he told Daddy Steve and Namaw, "The Doctor shot me!"

5 comments:

Cousin Julie said...

I'm glad you found a doctor that you like!

Ann Hastings said...

I am so glad you like your doctor and the boys are doing well- sweet little Barrett! I am thanking the Lord that he's eating now and has an apetite!

Sharon said...

So cute! I am really looking forward to Tyler, Ann, Brody, and Barrett's visit. Grandmommy told me at Church last night that yall are coming and are bring the boys. I can't wait! What can we do Brody?

Leave It To Davis said...

Do they think something is causing Barrett to be so small?

Staci said...

Cindy - I think it's just his genetics! We did a whole buch of tests at Cooks Children's and everything is good. Guess everyone just grows different...and someone's gotta be at the low end of the scale or there wouldn't be a low end! lol