Thursday, August 19, 2010

Supermom...not!

Today Brody and Barrett rode with Daddy Steve to pick up some Schlotzsky's for lunch.  They had ordered the sandwich over the phone, but when they got there they decided to order a few cookies.  At first Daddy Steve just ordered 3 cookies, but Brody said, "What about Mommy?" thinking that the 3 cookies would be for him, Barrett, and Daddy Steve.  Then he said, "Wait.  Never mind.  Mommy doesn't eat sugar.  We don't need to get any cookies for her."

As Brody was telling me about this back at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house he added, "You may not like sugar, but I LOVE sugar.  That's all I want to eat!!!"

Oh boy.  I know he's heard me say many times, "You don't need dessert every day.  It's all sugar and sugar's not good for you."...but I have NO CLUE where he got the idea that I don't eat sugar?!?  Maybe I'm better at hiding it than I realized!  If you're a mom, you know what I mean.  You don't want the kids to know you're sneaking a few M&M's because then you'll have to share with them and deal with their sugar high (not to mention that'd mean less M&M's left in your hidden stash)!  I'm not gonna lie, there are many times where there are sweets hidden in our house that only I am aware of...but Mike usually discovers my secret.  How old will the kids be when they discover my secret?  I know.  I can hide them in my pantie drawer!  I know my sons won't go snoopin' there!!!

What can I say, some days I'd have to agree with Brody.  "I love sugar!  That's all I want to eat!"  You'd have to be a real supermom to eliminate sugar from your diet.  So a supermom I am not.

_______________________________________

Barrett, however, tends to think that I am a supermom.  Today I was the equivalent to God in his mind. 

Background story:  Yesterday it RAINED here!  Can you believe it?  Now, it didn't cool us off very much so it was super humid out there...but there was definite moisture falling from the sky.  So much that the boys put on their swimsuits and ran outside to play in the rain (it was an unusual Texas summer shower without any thunder/lightning).  They had so much fun!  I'll try to post some pictures that Daddy Steve took later.

Back to today.  I asked Barrett if he wanted to go play outside and he said, "Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!"  (Can't you hear the enthusiasm?!)  He ran for the back door, ran outside, and then immediately turned around (almost running into the already shut door).  I opened the door and he looked at me confused and said,

"Turn on that rain!"

I know that my boys think I can do anything...but I had to assure Barrett that there was no way I could "turn on" the rain.  I told him only God can turn on the rain.  He finally turned around (looking a little dejected) and ran off to play in the sand.

2 comments:

Teri said...

Two very funny stories! you are pretty super!

Ginger said...

I'm getting a mental pic of you eating M&M's our of your panty drawer...LOL!!!