Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Parents for 24 hours

On Friday evening Tyler and Ann arrived at our house to pick up the boys for an overnight trip to Temple.  The boys were super excited (and I think Tyler and Ann were too!)  When they got home on Saturday night, they said the boys were awesome.  Barrett left his bear at our house when they left (yikes!) and at bedtime Brody volunteered to let Barrett sleep with his baby Moses (so sweet)!  They said the boys didn't cry or whine or complain at all during their trip.  (Guess I need to have Tyler & Ann come over more often.  As I'm typing this I hear the boys fighting over a tractor in Brody's room! lol)  I'm glad the boys were so good for them.

Since I wasn't there, I'll let the pictures do the talking.  Here are some of the pictures that Tyler and Ann took (I know I'm posting a lot...but they took over 100!)

On the road in Tyler's truck (the boys put in a request to ride in the truck and Tyler was happy to oblige.)
I think it's just the camera, but Brody's skin looks perfect it this picture!  So smooth!
Ann said the boys and Tyler gathered pecans and put them in Tyler's truck bed.

 



 
Check out the boys' faces in this picture!
Awww!  They're both wearing pink & white!  How cute!

 
Sharon & Sheila met them at the park and Sheila brought her great-nice & nephew.  We've heard stories about Huck (her great-nephew) forever.  He's Barrett's age (ok, so maybe we haven't heard stories about him "forever"...just for the past 2 years)...but he's bigger than Brody!  It's not a big surprise since is dad is over 7' tall!

Sheila sent the boys home with some homemade cupcakes.  I bet they didn't have to ask them twice if they wanted to eat one!
This picture of Barrett cracks me up!  I can totally see what he'll look like as an old man! 
Tyler took a panoramic picture of the living room.  Left to right:  Grandmommy sleeping on the couch, Tyler's toes, Ann & Brody on the other couch.
 
Tyler & Ann - Thanks so much for taking the boys with you to visit Grandmommy.  I thought it was funny when we were there last and Brody told Grandmommy that he'd see her when Tyler & Ann and then Caleb & Audria brought him for a visit...but you took it seriously (and so did he!!)  Brody & Barrett had so much fun!  Y'all will make great parents some day (hint, hint!)  ;)

6 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We had SO much fun with the boys... they were so good and we are still smiling thinking about the time we had with them- it was great to see Grandmommy, Sharon and Sheila- wish we could have seen everyone else too, but that will have to be on our next trip!

YAY for good times with our amazing family!

Tyler Hastings said...

We did have a great time! I didn't realize we (Ann) took that many pictures. I guess she is truly a Hastings. LOL

Angela said...

Jayden loved looking at all these pictures especially the ones of Brody and Barrett eating their cupcakes (surprise, surpirse!) So glad they all had a good time!

Paula said...

Good self-portrait of Grandmommy and Ann.

Leave It To Davis said...

"hint hint" ":)" does that mean that Ann is pregnant????

That last picture is so typical. Mother is always lying down in pictures.

I cannot believe how much Brody has changed just this summer....he is really growing up fast now. He doesn't look like a baby anymore.

Staci said...

Cindy - lol. No, my "hint hint" doesn't mean Ann's pg. It means that I think they'll make great parents...and since my boys were soooo good for them, maybe that'll help them decide to become parents sooner rather than later?!?