Friday, July 30, 2010

The real story...

Sorry!  I forgot to post the story behind the picture yesterday!

Yesterday we were at work and Brody asked, "What did Caleb & Tyler used to play when they were little?"  I told him they played Candy Land, Superman, and they swam a lot in the summer.  He said, "No...what do you think they played all the time?"  I said, "Well, I remember them playing Cowboy's and Indians a lot!"  He asked, "How do you play that game?"  So I told him that one of them would be the cowboy and carry a gun and the other would be an Indian with a bow and arrow and they'd run around shooting each other.  His eyes lit up!  He asked me to email Daddy at work and see if they could play Cowboys and Indians when he got home.  He was so excited about it that he couldn't sleep at naptime. 

After dinner Mike took the boys to Wal-Mart to get supplies to change the oil in the car.  When they pulled back in the driveway he asked Brody if he wanted to help him change the oil.  Brody put a finger at the corner of his mouth and responded, "Well...I think that we probably should wait and change the oil tomorrow after my nap.  I really think that today we need to go inside and play Cowboys and Indians!"

I was cleaning up the house when they all came running in from the garage and headed for Brody's room.  Emerging from the room were Cowboy Barrett, Cowboy Daddy, and Indian Brody.  They chased each other around the house shooting for over an hour.  As I was sitting at my desk (trying to avoid the line of fire) I saw Mike run to the laundry room and shut the door.  The boys didn't see which way he went and were dying laughing as they looked for him.  Finally he started whistling and they ran to the laundry room.  They ran in, looked behind the door, and ran back out!  I followed them back to the laundry room (because I knew he was in there) and was shocked when we finally found him ON TOP of the freezer!!  You better believe that Brody immediately started bombarding him with arrows.  In the picture Mike is shooting at Barrett (who was a little too short to show up in the picture since I had to aim so high to get Mike in the picture!)

The true story is a fun story of a Daddy playing with his two little boys, however, your comments tell stories that really had us laughing!!!



Tyler:  "They must have been playing Cowboys & Indians..."

Namaw:  "I think someone shot an arrow behind the freezer. Nice hat!"

Caleb:  "My guess is... Brody (the Indian) is upset that Mike (the cowboy) killed his buffalo and is coming to take back the hide and meat (which is in the freezer). The cowboy obviously doesn't know the terrain very well and has been cornered and treed by an Indian who has a firm grasp on the surrounding landscape. This is a classic example of home court advantage."

Daddy Steve:  "My guess - Cowboy Mike was trying to gain the high ground on Indian Brody. Once the Cowboy climbed up on high ground he felt threatened by the appearance of the dust mop and as he trained his gun on the deadly dust mop the Indian snuck up on him and said "Gotcha!"  What fun!"

Angela:  "By the look of Mike's eyes he is trying to shoot something specific (perhaps alive) down the side of the freezer...although it would make much more sense to me to just stand up and do it. :) Brody is there for back up to protect his daddy in case a giant mouse jumps up and takes a huge chunk out of Mike's bum."

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well, I finally had time to catch up on your last 15 posts! I love the picture of Mike on top of the freezer, and I think that it's so great how well you guys have raised Brody to thank God for all of the blessings in life (the rain in the post I read, but there have been so many more that you have shared.)