Sunday, August 08, 2010

Hotel H

Tyler and Ann really had to twist my arm last night...but they finally convinced me that the boys and I should spend the night.  (Ok...so maybe I wasn't really that hard to convince.  Since Mike was out of town, I wasn't looking forward to going home to an empty house!)  I also wasn't feeling very good (my throat was on fire), so it sounded more fun to just fall into bed than to have to drive an hour home!  They boys were beyond excited when I told them we'd spend the night so we let them wind down some in Tyler and Ann's huge bathtub.
After we got them in bed (Tyler & Ann told them bedtime stories), I headed for the shower.  If you ever need someone to teach you lessons on hospitality...just ask Ann.  She is an amazing hostess!  Check out the medicine cabinet in the guest bathroom.....
There was everything in there a guest might need from shampoo to a razor to a new toothbrush to zit cream!  Seriously?!?  She thinks of everything!!  After seeing that I didn't need to ask to borrow some shampoo, I left in search of the towel the boys had used.  I asked Ann where she put it (telling her I could just use the same one) and she laughed and said, "There are 2 towels and a washcloth on your bed.  You get turndown service when you stay with us!"  Check it out!  She wasn't joking!!!
 
Tyler, Ann, and I stayed up until almost midnight talking.  I think we could've stayed up all night talking...but our bodies were just too tired (and I needed to get sleep so I could get well).  The "hotel" may have been great, but you can't leave out the kid factor.  For some reason Barrett woke up just as I was heading to bed and I couldn't get him back to sleep until 1:30 am (very strange for him!).  Then at 5 am Brody came into my room complaining of leg cramps, so I had him just climb in bed with me. 

When I woke up, both boys were in the kitchen helping Tyler make coffee and were about to chow down on some Dunkin' Donuts.  (Did I mention Hotel H has a complimentary breakfast?!)

Here's a picture of our beautiful hosts in front of Hotel H.  Thanks for letting us come and visit!  We had sooooo much fun!
 

6 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We loved having y'all spend the night, so much fun putting the boys to bed- glad you liked all of the guest stuff- it's important for you to feel like home when you stay with us... :)
We LOVED waking up wtih the boys, we had some great snuggle time before breakfast while watching some cartoons... we're still smiling about the fun we had!!

Wendi said...

So fun!!!! That's a great picture of Tyler and Ann. Hope you're feeling better.

Leave It To Davis said...

lol....you opened up the medicine cabinet??? lol

Ann, you look beautiful in that picture! (the way you are standing, you remind me of Joan (guess the dark hair helps to remind me of her) Don't they say boys pick someone who reminds them of their mom?

Staci, go to Sams pharmacy and get some Loratadine D (it's only $5.88 there for the 24 hour pills...15 pack). They will stop that drainage that is causing your throat to be on fire and you can breathe, too.

I remember when Bryan and Brady would come into my room complaining of leg cramps....they always had a growth spurt right after, so get ready to buy some new pants!!!

Mom said...

I am going to put some guest supplies in the new bathroom today. However, I may not have any zit cream so everyone needs to bring your own.

Staci said...

Cindy - Actually, Ann told me to look in the medicine cabinet. She also showed me the bin in the top of her linen closet where she keeps all the extra stuff to restock the medicine cabinet after guests come over! So cool!

Ginger said...

Ann reminded me of Joan too!