Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Can my baby really be FOUR?!?

Brody - 6 days old
1 year old
2 years old
3 years old
 
4 years old
The past four years have been amazing.  Mike and I have loved being parents.  It's not hard to love being a parent when you have a son like Brody!  Not only is Brody a wonderful son, he's also an amazing big brother!  He loves his role as big brother and loves to teach and guide his little brother.  Brody loves everything from guns and rocks to cooking and babies.  He is looking forward with great anticipation to the arrival of our new baby and practices rocking his stuffed animals and "baby Moses" to sleep.  Brody is very protective of his little brother and can be amazingly selfless (at times) when it comes to Barrett.  Brody greets everyday with an enthusiasm for life that reminds me of his Daddy Steve.  It's a contagious enthusiasm that puts a smile on my face on even the dreariest mornings!  Brody has a heart for the Lord and a love for others that makes me so proud.  I can't wait to see what great things the Lord has planned for his life.  Ok...maybe I can wait...I'm not quite ready to have him grow up.  I love my little boy!!!

7 comments:

RaeAnn said...

Happy Birthday Brody! I remember visiting you in the hospital when you had him! Can't believe he's 4! Hope he had a wonderful birthday!

Ann Hastings said...

I can't believe Brody is 4 years old either!!! He sure does have a joy about him (and yes, I agree, it does remind me of Steve)... I am so excited to see what God has in store for sweet Brody's life!!!

Teri said...

He is growing so much and so fast!
Happy Birthday late...Brody!

megan said...

Happy Birthday, Brody! He is so precious, and he looks so grown up. Are his curls gone? Or is his hair just shorter?

Angela said...

It is crazy how much Brody has changed and grown AND that he is already four. He is an amazing kid and ya'll are great parents!

Staci said...

Megan - The curls are still there...his hair just has to be longer. Mike cut it a few days before I took his 4 yr old picture.

Leave It To Davis said...

Love looking at the pics in order like that.......you can really see how much he has grown.