Saturday, August 21, 2010

Summer Love

Last night Mike and I went to see a performance at the AT&T Performing Arts Center in Dallas.  It was in the Margot & Bill Winspear Opera House.  The Opera House was gorgeous and we had great seats (3rd tier in the middle).  We went to see A Prairie Home Companion:  Summer Love Tour.  Mike and I used to listen to the Prairie Home Companion show on the radio when we lived in Kansas (usually on the way home from church on Sunday's) and when a lady at Mike's office had tickets for sale (it was a sold out show), we decided it'd be a fun way to celebrate our 11th wedding anniversary!  It was so much fun to go do something different (meaning other than dinner and a movie).  There was a good mix of comedy and music scattered throughout the show. 
There was a girl named Sarah Watkins who starred in the show along with Garrison Keillor.  She had an amazing voice and could play a mean fiddle!
There was also a guy named Fred Newman who was incredible with sound effects!  I could've watched him for the entire show and it would've been hilarious!
 
The show was over around 11:30 and Mike and I were starving!  We decided to stop at IHOP and get breakfast...just because we could!  There wouldn't be any little people waking us up early in the morning...so we decided we could stay up however late we wanted to!  The breakfast (for midnight snack) was sooo good!  We didn't get home until after 1:30 am, but that didn't matter! 
 
This morning we stayed in bed until *gasp* 9 am!  Now, I did wake up at 7 am, 7:30 am, 8 am....but I refused to get out of bed when I could actually sleep in!  It felt good to wake up late and cuddle.  Then Mike made coffee.....and I was back in warp speed!  I decided today was a day to organize a few areas of our house that I'd been meaning to organize ever since we moved in.  First I cleaned them out (resulting in a huge bag of trash), then I went shopping for organizational tools.  I just finished getting everything put back together when Ann texted to say that they had just left Grandmommy's house and were headed home. 
 
As much fun as Mike and I had staying up late and living in a clean house...we really missed the pitter patter of little feet and the hugs from little arms!  They should be home shortly and I can't wait to hear about all the fun they had in Temple! 

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

SO glad y'all had so much fun together and were able to sleep in! I know you missed the boys, but we sure LOVED having them to snuggle!!! :)

Mom said...

Glad you got to have some alone time.

Leave It To Davis said...

Eleven years....how is that possible? You can't be over 22 now! Time just won't stand still....not even so we can stay in bed a little longer. I know Mother enjoyed the boys, Ann and Tyler visiting.