Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Brotherly Love

Around 7:00 this morning I was sitting at my computer when I heard Brody crack his door open and then a few seconds later shut it again.  I expected him to emerge from his room within a few seconds, however, his room remained dark and I didn't hear anything else.  About 10 minutes later he peeked out the door again and then closed the door and stayed in his room.  He repeated this several times.  Finally I went to take a shower and make some coffee.  It wasn't until 8:30 that he finally came running into the living room.  He was super excited as he announced, "Barrett's awake!!!!!"

I said to Brody, "What have you been doing in your room?  I know you've been awake for a while."  He replied, "Well.  I was just sitting on my bed listening for Barrett (who's in the next room) and waiting for him to wake up.  When I heard him say, 'Mama!  Come get me!' I went running into his room to say good morning!"

So sweet!

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Ummm... that is adorable! They are so stinkin' cute- I am filled with joy everytime I think about them, am around them or hear about them! I love those boys!!! :)

Steve and Joan said...

Wow! That is the same way I wait for Joan to wake up in the mornings!

Daddy Steve