Thursday, August 30, 2007

Breakfast Workout

Tuesday there was a crew at our office removing asbestos tile from a room we are re carpeting. They had very powerful equipment (to keep everything harmful out of the air) that kept throwing our breaker. When I left on Tuesday, we didn't even have lights in the office because of breaker problems.

I showed up yesterday morning to find that power had been restored to the office. Yay! Then I went back to the kitchen to put food in the fridge and found that the fridge was without power. It was still cold in there...so I wasn't too concerned.

Brody woke up a little after 6 am yesterday. Around 7 am I headed back to the kitchen to make some oatmeal for him for breakfast (this was his first time to have "big people" oatmeal!) I poured milk into the oatmeal, stuck in in the microwave, and nothing. Oops! There wasn't any power to the outlets in the kitchen either! I flipped numerous switches in the breaker box and still couldn't figure out the problem. I tried calling the next door neighbor to see if I could go use her microwave...but her phone was busy. Hmmm. I didn't have anything else for Brody to eat for breakfast...and he was hungry! What was I gonna do?!?!?

I left the kitchen and looked around the gym and thought, "Ok...no one is here!" Then I proceeded to carry the microwave from the kitchen to the cardio room where I set it on the floor by the recumbent bike and plugged it into a working outlet! I quickly cooked Brody's breakfast and then carried the microwave back to the kitchen.

Don't you wish you were a fly on the wall at my office yesterday morning?

4 comments:

RaeAnn said...

That is hilarious! I wish the cameras in the cardio room were recording!

Amy said...

Glad Brody didn't go hungry! Those microwaves can be heavy!!!

Steve and Joan said...

It's amazing what a mom will do for their children! I hope Brody appreciated his breakfast!

Good job my little girl!

I love you!

Dad

Laura said...

What a good mommy!!