Sunday, August 05, 2007

Chef in Training

If you've ever eaten at our house...you know that Mike is an amazing cook. He's already trying to foster this quality in Brody. I'll walk into the kitchen to find Mike holding Brody on his hip while he tells him the secret spices he adds to the dinner he's making. He won't share these secrets with me...only Brody. I walked in the kitchen the other day to find this: Brody was helping Mike mix up the flour and spices to fry chicken! I think that we need to buy or build (I just laughed when I wrote "build". Do I actually think Mike has time to build something like this right now?!?) the learning tower that Anna had on her blog awhile back. Brody is much happier when he can watch us cook than we he's left on the ground staring at our legs!


Brody is at the age where it's fun to climb all over things. He rediscovered this little chair the other day. It was a gift from Sharon and it sits in our bedroom right now. Brody spent 1/2 an hour climbing on and off of the chair!

Yesterday Mike had his sunglasses on his head while he was sitting at the table. Brody was sitting in his lap, so Mike put the sunglasses on Brody. Brody quickly climbed down off of Mike's lap and started walking around the room. I wonder if he thought we just turned all the lights out?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brody seems to be comming along fine with his walking .We will see at the end of this week....... LOVE YOU ALL Daddy ken

RaeAnn said...

Everybody loves a man that can cook! Keep cooking Brody!

Ledbetter Fam said...

Doesn't Mike know that if he shares his secrets with you, you might actually cook it FOR HIM! Silly Mike. That would drive me crazy because I love to cook.

JB

Anonymous said...

If Brody learns to cook he won't need that shirt to be a chick magnet!

Amy said...

Cute pics!

Jamie said...

Love the sunglasses...that is one cool dude!

Steve and Joan said...

Love the picture of Brody with the chair and the sunglasses... and the cooking photo... and I guess I just love photos of Brody!

Daddy Steve

Anonymous said...

Good job Mike! You are teaching Brody well.

RyAnn said...

I love Brody's shirt! He sure is a cutie!