Tuesday, August 21, 2007

3 shots

Yesterday was Brody's 1 year doctor's appointment. Mike went with me (I'm scared of going by myself on shot day!) It only took a few minutes before Brody warmed up to Debbie (the dr) and was sitting in her lap and talking to her. Everything checked out great. He weighed in at a whoopin' 19 pounds (in the 5th percentile) and was 29 3/4" long (50th percentile). I had Mom look at Caleb's baby book and Brody seems to be following in his footsteps with his height/weight. Mike's prayin' there's still a chance that Brody got the tall genes ;)

There were 5 (actually 6...but 2 of the shots are combined) shots that he could've gotten yesterday. We decided just to do 3 of them yesterday and we'll pick up the other 2 at his 15 month appointment. Giving 5 shots to his little body just seemed so harsh (just scares me to put that much stuff into his system!) and Debbie was fine with waiting on the other 2. He cried pretty hard when they administered the shots, but then Mike held him and gave him a cheerio and he calmed down pretty quick!

Brody felt pretty warm when I got him outta bed at 4 am this morning to go to work, so I gave him some Motrin. He slept until 7:35 this morning!!! I don't know if it was due to the Motrin, the shots, or just fatigue...but it was great!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's no fun to get shots. Glad Mike was able to go with you. Scott always has me hold Cheyenne while they administer the shots and then he takes her to calm her down. Then he looks like the good guy! He can't stand needles though!

Steve and Joan said...

Holding a baby with fever - I remember doing that many times and it was always so sad. I'm sure he will be running around full speed after his nap today! You just can't keep our Brody down for long!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you scheduled his check-up the week after his birthday. I always hate to see babies getting their shots on their birthday! And don't worry about the height/weight percentile because it will fluctuate a lot. (Unlike Katelyn, at least Brody was ON the chart!)

Unknown said...

First of all, I loved every birthday post about Brody! I am all for more pictures anytime you feel like posting them!

I HATE shot day! Boone usually isn't able to go with me. Last time, I had Cortland, my mom's husband, go with me because I didn't want to go alone. We were given the choice about doing 5 shots or splitting them up between the 12 and 15 month appointments, and we did the same thing you are doing. I don't remember any shots at the 18 month appointment, and there was only one at the 2 year appointment. You have a better future of fewer shots ahead of you!