Monday, September 03, 2007

Moving Day

Mike's parents have sold their house in the country. We helped Nancy move things out on Saturday. It was sad to know that we won't be visiting them on the farm anymore. They had a beautiful home in the country. Along with the old farm house were several outbuildings, an amazing shelter belt, and a stocked pond!

Mike shows Brody the pond. Cherie (Nancy's sister), Brody, and Nancy
Mike cleans out one of the outbuildings.
Brody tries to convince us to let him drive the moving van!
It was a looooong day...but we had fun. Brody spent 99% of the day playing outside under various people's supervision. By the time we got home...we just fell into bed! It wasn't until Sunday that we unloaded the goods we were sent home with.

The main thing we brought to our house was Angela's piano. We agreed to store it for her for a while (as long as she comes up to help move it to her house!) I'm excited about storing it for her! I've been trying to convince Mike to buy me a piano for years...so I'm lovin' having one in our house (even if it's not permanent)! I even had Dad scan some of my piano music and email it to me! Here's a picture of Brody trying to figure out if he's allowed to play the keys.

10 comments:

Amy said...

Ok, your turn to post some online piano recitals!!!! Glad you had a safe trip!

Anonymous said...

I love that pic of Brody! He looks so handsome with his new haircut. I'm glad you had a good weekend!

Laura said...

I can't wait to hear some of Brody's recitals!

suzspeaks said...

sounds like a busy weekend! I loe that last pic of Brody!

Anonymous said...

Give Brody a hug for me.

Steve and Joan said...

The photo of Brody is priceless! It's like he is thinking "Is it o.k. for me to touch the piano or maybe even climb on it?"

Dad

Anonymous said...

Brody looks so handsome! Collin loves to play my piano - until he closes his fingers up in there!

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne loves to play the piano at my parents'. Brody will have fun on it!

Anonymous said...

Love that picture of Brody. I bet it won't be long til he is pounding on the keys. I can just imagine how sad it was for Mike and his Mom to vacate the "homeplace."

Ledbetter Fam said...

Wow, I bet that was really hard for Mike. I hope that there were some great memories shared as they packed everything up. I bet that was a really long and emotional day for you guys!

JB