Monday, August 06, 2007

Butterfly Kisses


Most Sunday mornings we put Brody in the nursery for Sunday School. Then he'll come into church with us for awhile. He's usually had enough "being quiet & sitting still" about sermon time...so back to the nursery he goes! Yesterday I was holding him while we were standing up singing hymns. I can't even remember what song we were singing...but as I was singing he kept leaning his head in very close to mine. So close that he was giving me butterfly kisses as he tried to intensely watch my mouth while keeping his cheek against mine! It was like he was trying to soak in every word I was singing. I couldn't help but let a small tear roll out of my eye as I hugged him close. These days are so short!

4 comments:

Steve and Joan said...

I know... I know...

Dad

Anonymous said...

You don't know how short. We were talking tonight that at one time I was 23 times older than you. Now I am less than twice your age.

Anonymous said...

Precious memories, "ponder them and hide them in your heart!" and of course on your blog.

RaeAnn said...

Do cherish those times. They grow up so fast. I'm not looking forward to those days when Cheyenne doesn't want to give me hugs all the time anymore. :(