Wednesday, August 22, 2007

300!

This is post 300! Wow!

Something really exciting happened last night. On Monday night I asked Caleb if he'd design a cover for my 2006 blog book. He thought it sounded like fun...and by last night had this designed (I blurred out my last name for the blog)!

Isn't it awesome?!? I have a very talented brother! Thanks Caleb!!!!!!!!!!!

_________________________________
On a totally different subject...have you ever read this book?
We had a cassette tape that told this story. Grover was excited about Saturday and his mommy was helping him learn the days of the week (in anticipation of Saturday)! For some reason...this morning I thought it was Saturday! My alarm clock went off at the normal time (3:45 am). Instead of hitting snooze (or getting up) I turned it off! I remember thinking, "Why did you set your alarm today?!?!? It's Saturday!!!" I was kinda mad at myself for setting my alarm and waking up on a Saturday! It wasn't until my watch (which I use as a backup alarm) went off at 4:30 am did I realize it wasn't Saturday! It's only Wednesday!!!! Praise the Lord that I found my watch before bed last night and put it on my night stand! (Brody had been carrying my "da...chh" around the living room. I found it by his toy box!) I hurriedly got out of bed and made it to work a full 20 minutes before I had to open!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hate that! I always walk around the rest of the day with the feeling that I have forgotten something. It is impressive that you still made it in on time!

Anonymous said...

And awesome book cover! Caleb never ceases to amaze me with his intellect and artistic talents.

Steve and Joan said...

The cover looks sooooo good! I will definitely buy that book!!! I look forward to the future volumes. We even cleared our bookshelves so we will have room for all our kids books.

Hey did everyone see there is a new version of Google Earth that now includes the sky? It is very cool but their server is being hit hard this morning after the announcement. You will be able to look up your address on Google Earth and then look at the stars from that address. In Kansas you just have to go outside and look up, right?

Dad

Amy said...

The cover is AWESOME! Good job, Caleb! Glad you got to work in enough time to open.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful bookcover!!!

Shauna said...

I love the book cover - it looks so great!

Laura said...

I love the cover!! Glad you made it to work!

Anonymous said...

Sis and I feel better to know that a 27 year old forgets what day it is. Caleb designed a wonderful cover for your book. Both of you are so talented in your writings and photography.

Anonymous said...

I love the book cover. The one for 2007 could be the same except for a picture of Brody out in the grass........
Your Saturday story reminded me a a poem in Where the Sidewalk Ends about a little boy who woke up and thought he had every illness imaginable, and everything on his body hurt. Then he realized it was Saturday, and he ran out to play!

Rebecca said...

I don't think I ever read that one, but I LOVED There's a Monster at the End of This Book. I'm glad you had a back up alarm!