Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Date Night

Mike and I had a lot of fun yesterday. My day began by finding a surprise blog entry from Mike with a poem that made me cry! Before I left work, the UPS guy walked in with a box for me. Inside the box was a bouquet of stargazer lilies! (I've never gotten flowers from UPS...so this was a fun experience!) The flowers in my wedding bouquet were stargazer lilies and I thought it was very sweet for Mike to remember this!


I picked up our babysitter, Hannah, around 5:20 and Mike and I were on the road to Hutch by 5:40. We decided to eat dinner at Applebees (we were really craving Italian...but there's not an Italian restaurant in Hutch). It was a memorable experience...the waitress was very standoffish and the air conditioner wasn't working properly (on a 104 degree day)! It's a good thing I had a sexy guy to look at and talk to during dinner ;)

We made a rushed trip into Lowes after dinner (trying to make it to our 7:20 movie). We arrived at the theater at 7:20 only to find out the movie didn't start until 7:30! If you know how the Hutch theater usually works...the movie didn't actually start until 7:50! I was beginning to worry about falling asleep during the movie! lol We saw Bourne Ultimatum. It was really good! After the movie we HAD to make a stop at Wal-Mart (can't go to Hutch without stopping at Wally World!) and then we decided we needed a mix from Braum's to help us stay awake on the drive home ;)

As we drove up the drive I could see Hannah sitting on the couch thru the window. I told Mike that she looked scared?! Hmmm. As Mike pulled the car up to the garage door I noticed a HUGE rat (not mouse...even Mike admits to this) sitting on the sprayer attached to the mower. I got out of the car, grabbed Hank (one of our cats) and tossed him towards the rat. He chased after it and caught it. YAY HANK!!! I went inside to get Hannah and promptly went back out to ask Mike to come inside. I was right. She was scared! Apparently another little friend was visiting inside! There was a small mouse running between the TV and the fireplace. She was trapped on the couch! Luckily she hadn't been trapped there all night (only about 5 minutes). She said she'd called her mom who told her to get a broom (which she couldn't find), a ball (she didn't think a plush football would hurt the mouse), or a book (she was going to use our Biblical Portrait of Marriage book) and fight the mouse if it showed its face again! Mike couldn't find it...so Hannah climbed off the couch and Mike took her home. As soon as he left the mouse scampered across the floor! I stayed on base (the couch) until Mike got home and set some traps!

I was afraid I'd have trouble falling asleep (thinking about the mouse)...but I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. Probably because it was 11:45! I'm going on about 4.5 hours of sleep today...but it was worth it! I had so much fun with Mike last night! It was fun just to be alone for a few hours :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys were able to spend some quality time together. Hope you catch the mouse and there aren't too many more!

Rebecca said...

I am seriosly considering a cat for the backyard to get rid of the rats. YUK! You're poor babysitter...I remember those days.

Amy said...

What a memorable Anniversary! Glad you guys had a good time!

Anonymous said...

You didn't say if you caught the one in the house.

Unknown said...

I am glad your anniversary was a good one! Sorry about the rat and mouse. We had our own little rat problem a while back. Not fun!