Tuesday, August 28, 2007

PB & J

Brody had his first peanut butter and jelly sandwich this weekend. I was surprised that it wasn't very messy. Maybe it's because he didn't pull the pieces of bread apart and play with the peanut butter. He was too excited to eat it! He kept saying, "Mmmmmmmm!" while he was eating!

Here's a picture of Brody enjoying a PB & J sandwich at work yesterday.
Whenever I think of PB & J....I think of Caleb. He has eaten a peanut butter (and something) sandwich almost every day since Kindergarten! I don't understand...but he never gets tired of them! I have always loved the picture below. Caleb we soooo tired that he couldn't stay awake to finish his beloved PB & J (notice he didn't release his grip on his sandwich...even after he fell asleep!)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brody looks like a big boy with that sandwich - the first of many I'm sure! Caleb's picture is so funny. Just seeing those old kitchen chairs brings back a lot of memories!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how many PB sandwiches I have made. You are just starting!

Steve and Joan said...

Brody and Caleb... I can just see it now... nephew and uncle bonding over a couple of peanut butter sandwiches.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Those pictures were just precious! We ALL love PB sandwiches. Kenneth eats one or two every night and I do most nights; of course, Chili and Pepper love them as much as we do, and they get most of mine. Sometimes, I will make one just for them. CFA chicken, peanut butter (extra crunchy) and pop corn are 3 things I never tire of.

Anonymous said...

I thought of Caleb even before you mentioned his name--and I did not realize he was legendary for them. Thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

Brody knows good food. I have to have my peanut butter every day, Cute pictures.

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

Is there a secret ingredient you added to the sandwich that causes sleepiness? If so, I would love to know what brand of peanut butter & jelly you use, for future reference.
SR :)

Rebecca said...

I love PB and bananas, but I eat more PB and J because the J doesn't go bad as fast! I'm glad that Brody is carrying on the family tradition.

Jamie said...

What a big boy with a big sandwich. Preston would stuff that whole thing in his mouth if I gave him the whole sandwich. LOL

Shauna said...

PB&J's are good!