Saturday, August 11, 2007

Birthday in Arlington

When we got back to Arlington on Saturday...Mom and I rushed to get everything ready for another birthday party. We had a big crew over for swimming and food. Can you believe that we didn't take a group picture? How is that possible in our family?!? This is the closest thing I have...
I was proud of the football cake and baseball & golf ball cupcakes :) We didn't have a football cake pan...so we had to be creative! I was glad Audria was there to help us ice the cake!
Collin and Brody were both VERY excited to get to eat cake!
Brody dug right in to the birthday cupcake!
The only family picture I have from the weekend!
Audria and I were the brave women who took the kids swimming (Daddy Steve also got in the pool after he finished cooking the burgers). Collin wasn't too excited about swimming (probably had something to do with being jet lagged after getting back from England on Friday night!) Brody LOVED swimming!!! He looked like a prune by the time I took him inside to dry him off!
Brody had plenty of help opening his presents....and plenty of help playing with them (from kids and adults)!
Caleb & Audria wanted to make sure that we raise a cowboy!
"Do these fit in here?" I tried...but I just couldn't leave this picture out! lol! We convinced Angela to try on the towel that she and Mark got for Brody...and she looked too cute to not take a picture ;) The camo pants helped out the look.
The birthday party was a big success. I couldn't believe how good Brody was! He didn't fuss the entire time! He was up about 2 hours past his normal bed time...and he was still happy...tired, but happy! He loved swimming, loved the cake, loved the presents, and of course loved the constant attention :) Thanks to everyone for making it such a special day!

13 comments:

Laura said...

I love the cowboy picture!! It looks like you had a fun trip!

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! Happy Birthday, Brody!

Anonymous said...

What a fun weekend!!! Just think, you can celebrate his birthday again on Tuesday. Too bad everyone doesn't get 3 birthday parties!

RaeAnn said...

Looks like you had a great time! Angela looks good in the towel! I'm glad Brody was so good and enjoyed his first birthday party!

Anna said...

Looks like so much fun! I love the cake you made! Great job! I love the pic of him devouring the cake! Great eyes! Happy Birthday Brody!

Amy said...

I loved all of the pics! Looks like so much fun!

Rebecca said...

That looks like a great birthday. I LOVE the towl!

suzspeaks said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!!! Looks like you guys had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Brody. Looks like you had so much fun!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Brody! You guys did a great job on the cake! I love the picture of Brody digging into his cupcake and the picture of him wearing his holster. Too cute! It looks like you guys have to make room for quite a few new toys! Good luck with that.

Ledbetter Fam said...

I love that towel. Lafe has the same one. He loves to put it on. I want one too!

JB

Anonymous said...

So sorry we missed your celebration but glad I could get a taste of it here. Thanks for posting.

Anonymous said...

I just love pictures!!!