Monday, November 01, 2010

Lunch with Daddy

On Friday Mike invited me and the boys to go to downtown Ft. Worth to have lunch with him.  Brody and Barrett were super excited to go eat lunch with Daddy....and even more excited about visiting his office afterwards!  When we got to Mike's parking garage, Brody was very adament about wanting to park "on the roof".  We were the only car parked on top!
That didn't matter to the boys.  They loved being able to look over the edge and see the cars below.
We ate lunch at Riscky's BBQ and then went back to visit Mike's office.  The boys took turns sitting in Daddy's chair and he made paper airplanes for both of them out of scratch paper.
Then he took us to his conference room and showed us their projetor and smart board.  You write on the wall with a special pen and it's like magic (at least for the boys)!
 
 
As we left the conference room, Mike's co-workers met us in the hall (they'd heard little voices...not normal around the office).  Brody and Barrett weren't shy and they talked with Steve, Jason, Desiree, Gianna, Courtney, and Deborah.  Desiree took them back to her office and spoiled them with candy and stuffed animals while Mike and I stood in the hall talking with Steve and Jason.  It was fun for me to get to meet all the people I've heard about and to finally be able to put a face with a name!
Before long it was time for us to go so that Mike could get back to work.  He walked us back to the parking garage and then told the boys he'd see them when they woke up from their nap.  As soon as we pulled out of the parking garage Brody began to sob!  He wouldn't talk to me or tell me why he was crying...he just burried his face in the seat and cried all the way home.  Since he still wouldn't talk to me, I took him straight to his bed for a nap.  About 10 minutes later he finally stopped crying and came out of his room to talk to me.  He told me that he was crying because he wanted Daddy...he just wanted to see him and hug him!  I finally convinced him that if he'd go to sleep the time would pass much quicker and when he woke up Daddy would be home from work!  It worked and within minutes both boys were asleep. 

2 comments:

Mom said...

Awwww - I am glad they love their daddy so much!

Leave It To Davis said...

Daddy's are special......thank God for the good ones!