Saturday, November 06, 2010

Phone Call

Tonight the boys got to stay up a little late in hopes that they'll sleep in tomorrow with the time change.  They were playing in the media room and after a while I realized that it had been unusually quiet.  Not a good sign.  I went in there to check on them and found them talking on my phone!  I asked who they were talking to and discovered that Namaw was on speaker phone.  She said that Brody called Daddy Steve's cell phone and talked to him for a while and then told Daddy Steve, "Well.  I'm gonna let you go so I can call Namaw now."  Then he hung up and called Namaw on their home phone!  This wouldn't seem like a big deal except for the fact that my new phone does have speed dial numbers and it also does not have a picture by the person's name in the contact list! 

After he finished talking to Namaw, we had a discussion about how he always needs to ask permission before he uses the phone to call someone.  Then I asked him how he knew which numbers were Daddy Steve & Namaw's numbers.  He said, "They're on your phone."  When I asked him to show me he pushed the phone button (which brings up my contacts) and then pointed to the name "Steve H...." and said, "That's Daddy Steve's number" and then pointed to the one that said, "Joan H...." and said, "That's Namaw's number."  I asked how he knew that out of all the contacts those were their numbers and he said, "Because it has their names!  That says 'Steve H....' and that says 'Joan H.....'"   Totally shocked me!!! 

4 comments:

Tyler Hastings said...

Wow! Way to go Brody!

Sharon said...

Brody, you are amazing!

Steve and Joan said...

I knew we had smart grandkids!

Daddy Steve

PS Brody, give me a call sometime!

Ann Hastings said...

WOW- impressive!