Friday, November 12, 2010

EE Photography

We have never had our boys' pictures taken by a professional photographer.  The really good ones are so pricey and the people at places like Sears or Picture People are people off the street who can point and shoot (which I think I can do fairly well).  So...I just take a lot of pictures (as if you didn't already know that! lol)  
Thanks to Ann (does it seem like that phrase comes out of my mouth a lot?  It's nice to have a SIL with connections!), we got a free photo shoot by an absolutely amazing photographer yesterday afternoon!  Erin Woolsey is married to one of Tyler's college roommates and has a professional photography business called EE Photography.  Yesterday she was teaching an EEphiphany Workshop and was in need of a few children to use as subjects.  A month or so ago she asked Ann if she knew of anyone that would be good for her to use and Ann was kind enough to suggest Brody & Barrett!  Through some of our emails back and forth Erin saw my blog address and looked at pictures of the boys.  She loved their Halloween costumes (not sure why...they were just what was in the closet this year! lol) and asked me to bring them along with their western outfits. 
The boys were absolutely amazing yesterday!  I picked Barrett up from school a little after noon and put him down for an early nap since the photo shoot was scheduled for 3 pm (during his normal naptime).  He took a good nap, woke up happy, and Brody got home from preschool full of energy and excited about meeting Mrs. Erin.  I had to bribe them a few times with the promise of ice cream...but overall they did what Erin asked of them and had fun doing it.  In fact, Brody was in tears when we left.  He wanted to go hang out with Erin at her house.  He said, "I love Mrs. Erin!  When will I get to see her again?"  He decided that since she's friends with Ann...she'll be at Ann's house everytime we go over there.  I can see why he loves her!  Not only is she beautiful, but she's so fun and energetic.  The light of Christ just bursts out of her!
I'm guessing that since she was training Madison, she got our photos edited much quicker than is typical.  This morning I was shocked and very excited to open up my email and see a link to her blog with pics of the boys already posted!!!!  Here are the thumbnails I snagged off EE Photography.   We are also getting a cd with all the pictures, so I'm sure I'll be posting more (and full size) once I get that. 

6 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

LOVE the pictures, so glad you had a great time :) Erin is SOOO talented, yay for great pictures!

Anne said...

oh I LOVE THEM! ESP the one with the rope! SO GREAT! :) Love photos that show the personality!

Jennifer said...

LOVE them! Wow--those are amazing!

megan said...

so fun! I love them.

GG said...

Pictures are so good. I especially liked the one of their walking through the field--reminded me of the way Grandpa Walter used to go across his fields with his gun on his shoulder,

jennifer said...

I am in love with these pictures of your boys! She really captured all the fun. I have a little girl, so we're not as rough and tough. Precious. Thanks for finding me on FB.