Saturday, November 27, 2010

Thanksgiving in KS - Saturday

This morning Mike and I packed up the car while Grammy and Mark supervised the boys painting their handprints on Grammy's tablecloth (a tradition). 
Grammy with her 3 grandsons:  Jayden, Brody, & Barrett
 
About 10 minutes after I took this picture Barrett started complaining about his tummy hurting (not a good thing considering the fact that Jayden had been sick...coming out both ends!)  I sat in the kitchen with him on my lap and before long....yep...throw up.  All over the kitchen floor...then several times outside with Mike!  This all took place 5 minutes before we planned on putting the kids in the car and driving back to Texas!  We took a little extra time...waiting to see if he'd get sick again.  He looked so tired that we finally decided to hit the road in hopes that he'd sleep for a while and not get sick again!  I don't do so well with throw up (I was gagging in the kitchen when he threw up while sitting in my lap), so Mike rode in the back with the boys and I drove all the way home.  Since Barrett threw up 3 more times in the car, none of us really felt much like stopping to get dinner.  We grabbed a few snacks at one of the gas stops and kept on trekking.  That was the fastest we've ever made the trip with the boys in tow!  Once we got home, Barrett had the runs but didn't throw up again.  I can't say the same for Mike...he's sick tonight.  We're praying the bug doesn't attack me or Brody! 
*Edit*  Brody and I both avoided the worst part of the stomach bug (throw up).  Whew!
Even though the trip ended on a sour note, it was worth it.  We had so much fun and made so many memories!  Now it's time to get out the Christmas tree!!!

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

I hope Mike's mom didn't get sick. Those stomach bugs are no fun for anyone, but especially when you are alone with no one to come and help you clean up the mess!