Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thanksgiving in KS - Tuesday

This morning I walked into the kitchen at Grammy's house and looked out the window to see this.....
Mike was quick to tell me that it wasn't snow (it was just a heavy frost), but it still looked really pretty!  They boys were excited because Grammy made biscuits and gravy for breakfast (their favorite)!
After breakfast, we packed up an overnight bag and headed back to Chris & Teri's house for some more hunting/time with friends.  A few times along the way I had Mike pull over so I could take some pictures.  The fields looked so cool with all the frost!

 
After lunch Brody was ready to play outside.  Teri volunteered to take him out to play baseball.  They played for awhile but finally had to come back inside because the wind was too cold!
Mike and Chris stopped by the house mid afternoon and Brody was happy to see that they'd gotten a few birds!  He posed on the porch with one of the pheasants and asked me to take his picture.
Then he watched every second of Mike and Chris cleaning the birds.
 
Not long after the kids got home from school, Tina (one of my friends who lives in Lyons) called to say that she was home if I wanted to stop by for a visit.  Since Chris & Teri's kids were home from school, Brody and Barrett didn't want to go sit at Tina's house and visit...they wanted to PLAY!  Even Barrett (fresh from a nap...which usually means "don't put me down Mommy" time) wanted to go on a walk with Teri and the kids rather than go with me!  Teri took the kids on a walk down the railroad tracks.  She said they had fun!
I had fun catching up with Tina and then I stopped by the rec commission and met Bret (an employee that was hired after I left).  I still do the books for the rec commission and was able to fix a payroll issue while I was there.  I think that makes our trip a business trip ;)  I picked up pizza at Gambino's on my way back to Chris & Teri's and then we spent the night just hanging out and talking.  It was fun to catch up with some dear friends.

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

What a fun day, so great to catch up with friends :)

Steve and Joan said...

Chris and Teri are great! They are raising some fantastic kids.

Leave It To Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leave It To Davis said...

Something about this post made me think of the Green Acres theme song. If you never heard it, google it.