Monday, November 08, 2010

Date Night

My aunt, Cindy, asked me to take pictures of some of my Canton purchases to show her.  Well...on Friday night I had the opportunity to use 2 of my purchases.  Caleb & Audria invited Brody to spend the night at their house and Daddy Steve & Namaw invited Barrett to spend the night at their house....so Mike and I had a date night!  This meant that I had a reason to wear the new dress and carry the new purse that I bought at Canton!  Before we left, I asked Mike to take a picture of me so that I could show Ann & Angela the complete ensemble...and so I could show Cindy two of my purchases.
As always, when I hand the camera to Mike and ask him to take my picture...he goes all Austin Powers on me!

 
He didn't stop taking pictures until I was so close to the camera my nose was almost touching the lens!  We didn't take any pictures of the rest of our date, but that doesn't me we didn't have fun! 
We went to Macaroni Grill for dinner.  It was so fun to sit there and talk uninterrupted!  We found ourselves playing the game from Date Night (with Steve Carell & Tina Fey) several times (you know...the "what's their story?" game about complete strangers).  That game always cracks us up! 
After dinner we stopped at Academy where all the Texas Rangers World Series (still fun to say that in the same sentence) was 50% off!  Next stops were Lowes and Fry's Electronics (kinda sound like a date night in Hutchinson?  We always went to dinner and then Lowes and Wal-Mart! lol).  Before we headed for home we stopped at Starbucks and had some coffee and some more intimate conversations. 
When we got home Caleb had emailed a few videos of him and Brody playing Kinect (Xbox 360 video game).  They were hilarious!  Here's a sample for you....






4 comments:

Leave It To Davis said...

Wow, you looked georgeous!!!(is that the way you spell it? no spell check on here!) Love your ensemble. Brody is so lucky to have such an energetic cool uncle!!!!

Amy said...

I LOVE that dress!! How beautiful! And what a fun date night for you two and for the kids!

Paula said...

The dress is adorable but the boots? TOO COOL!

Steve and Joan said...

I have such a beautiful daughter! You get prettier every year.

Dad