Monday, November 15, 2010

Phone, Wallet, Key Fab

Every morning before Mike walks out the door to head to work I ask him, "Phone, wallet, key fab?"  These are the 3 necessities that he doesn't want to drive off and leave at home.  He needs his phone and wallet for obvious reasons and the key fab is a magnet thing on his badge that gives him access to his parking garage and his office building. 

A few years ago I said "keys" instead of "key fab".  In KS he needed his huge ring of keys at work that gave him access to all the different places within the school district.  I wonder what I'll be saying 5 years from now or 20 years from now?  I wonder if he won't need a key/key fab at all?  Maybe they'll have finger print or retinal scan entry?  What form will cell phones have in 20 years?  Surely he'll still need a wallet...

2 comments:

Mom said...

I think it will all be linked to the phone. It will be awful when you lose your phone!

Tyler Hastings said...

I know that Verizon's goal is to have everything going through your Cell phone. :)