Monday, November 01, 2010

Canton with my Sisters

Friday night Angela arrived in town just in time for bed.  We woke up early Saturday morning and by 7 am Ann, Angela, and I were on the road to Canton!  We planned this trip several months ago and were so excited that it was finally here!  We spent most of the day Saturday finding great deals.  Our Canton Cart (yes, we finally bought one this year) was FULL by the time we got back to the car!  We drove 1/2 an hour east of Canton and checked into our hotel.  After resting/talking for a little while, we drove into Tyler for dinner and ate at a Hibachi Grill.  I haven't eaten at one of those since college and I forgot how good they are!  After dinner we headed back to our hotel and talked for hours before finally crashing and falling asleep.

Sunday morning we had a yummy breakfast at the hotel and then packed up the car and headed back to Canton.  We weren't quite the energized shoppers we were on Saturday, but we still found a few good deals.  As you walk around Canton there are lots of delicious smells in the air (funnel cakes, turkey legs, roasted nuts, BBQ, etc).  As we walked by one booth Ann said, "That smells so good I need to rub somebody!" and she proceeded to rub Angela's back!  Angela and I were both so taken off guard by Ann's comment that we were dying laughing!  Really?!?  Have you ever heard anyone say that something smells so good they need to rub somebody?  As you can imagine....that became our quote for the weekend.  I wanted to make it the title of this post....but it sounds a little strange without the explanation! 

I didn't take my nice camera with us, so here's a picture that I captured with my phone.
 
I had so much fun with my sisters this weekend and can't wait until the next time we can all get together!  Hopefully next time Audria will be able to join us.  This time she was busy getting ready for a Halloween party at their house (pictures of that to come....)

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

I had a great time in Caton with y'all!

Leave It To Davis said...

Well, what did you buy????? You needed to take pics of your treasures and tell what great deals you got!! I have always heard people talk about Canton, but have never gone....maybe someday I can get Ginger to go with me and pick you up on the way to be our guide. :)