Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving in KS - Wednesday

This morning Collin went hunting with Mike and Chris while the younger boys went on their own hunt.  Hans and Alan grabbed a few BB guns and took Brody outside to shoot at cans.  They also walked around for a while looking for birds to shoot.  They were successful in killing cans...but not birds.  When they got cold we loaded up our car and headed to town.  It has become a tradition for Teri and I to take the kids to Broadway Market in Sterling for coffee/hot cocoa while we're there for Thanksgiving.  Yummmmmm!  Barrett was excited to get hot chocolate!
The barista even put sprinkles on our whip cream!  (As if there wasn't enough sugar in the hot cocoa! lol)  It made the children smile!!!
Teri & me at the coffee shop. 
Next stop was Dillons.  Teri had a few dishes she needed to make for Thanksgiving tomorrow.  I miss the 5 aisle grocery store.  It's so easy to find stuff there!  Alan entertained Barrett by making 2 of the aisles into a Nascar racetrack.  We had to keep reminding him that he needed to stay by Teri so she could actually use the basket! 
 
After lunch I found Brody and Collin in the hall playing with hunting action figures.  I have to stop here and say that Collin was amazing with our boys.  He never complained about playing with them or showing them how to do stuff.  He volunteered to play with the action figures with Brody and even volunteered to take him "hunting" with the BB guns!  I think he made Brody wish he had a big brother.  Not many guys Collins age would be this sweet with the little guys.  It was so fun to watch them together!
Brody with one of the pheasants Mike shot.   (He's holding a BB gun.)
I followed Collin and Brody this afternoon as they took off towards the railroad tracks to look for birds.
Hans went with them, but he he went the opposite direction to try to push the birds down towards Brody & Collin.
 



One happy 4 year old!
 
Love this!  This was his reaction one time after shooting the BB gun!  Priceless!!!
One not so happy 4 year old.  This is what he looked like the ENTIRE ride from Sterling to Grammy's house.  He cried, "I DO NOT WANT TO GO!" the whole way!  He had sooooo much fun with Chris & Teri's kids and he did not want to leave!  Mike told him, "I know how you feel, buddy.  I don't want to go either!"
But we did have to leave.  There are fun times ahead of us though!  Tonight we'll drive with Grammy to Plains and tomorrow is Thanksgiving! 

4 comments:

Chris said...

I DIDN'T WANT YOU TO GO EITHER!!!

Ann Hastings said...

First of all, that picture of Barrett is ADORABLE! I love that the boys had a great time, you captured Brody's excitement perfectly after he shot the gun :) Poor Brody, hate to see him that sad... too cute!

Steve and Joan said...

Brody and Barrett are very blessed!

Debbie said...

I am so sorry I missed seeing all of you! I was away working. Hope I will have better timing on your next trip!