Wednesday, October 07, 2009

Walker Races

Today Namaw and I took the boys to GG's for lunch. Somehow, the wait staff forgot that we were sitting in the back of the dining room and we waited almost an hour for them to take our order! The boys were having fun while we waited. They sat on Sissie's walker while I pushed them around the dining room. Brody kept showing Sissie new tricks (like how to climb up on the side and jump off) and asking her if she's ever done that before. I've seen a few "walker races" on the way to the elevators...but I've never seen old ladies practicing Parkour like Brody was doing. I'm thinking that we could make a lot of money if we could get a video of little old ladies doing Parkour...but Sissie insisted that they don't do things like that at their retirement home.

I convinced Brody to just SIT on the walker while Sissie pushed him back to GG's apartment after we ate lunch.

We had a good visit with GG. When the boys started getting fussy (we could tell it was nap time) we headed for home...but not without a stop at the fish pond! Brody was really excited when he found a penny wedged in between two rocks because this gave him 4 pennies to throw in the pond. (GG would only give him 3 since he's 3 years old...even though he told her, "But I'm gonna be 4 really soon." I don't think he understands that August 2010 is still a long ways away.)

An attempt to get a picture of the boys together almost landed Brody in the pond! Even as I saw him starting to fall...I couldn't help it! I had to take a picture before I grabbed him! What's wrong with me?! Shouldn't I drop the camera to grab him rather than waiting to capture him falling into the pond on camera? Maybe it's because I knew Namaw was inches away and would grab him for me? Let's say that's what it is.

Barrett was talking to us about the fish. He was happy to be outside. I mainly posted this picture because you can see his high dimpled cheek and I love any picture where you can see that cute dimple. (click on the picture to see it bigger...he has "regular" dimples, but he also has one high on his right cheek under his eye. so cool!)

1 comment:

Leave It To Davis said...

Too bad you didn't capture that fall on video...you could have sent it to America's Funniest Home Videos....(I have always wondered, too, what was wrong with those parents that they didn't drop the camera and catch their kids falling or getting trompled or hit, or whatever.....it must just be the photographer in us all that we keep those cameras rolling!) And yes, Barrett is adorable...