Friday, October 23, 2009

Boys will be Boys

They boys had a pretty rough weekend while Mike was gone. I told Mike that he'd never want to leave the boys alone with me again! It started on Friday after Mike left. Brody was running into his room, tripped, and fell head first on the bottom log of his bed. The bump on his head popped out as big as an egg!
That same night, Barrett fell on the open drawer of the train table. He hit his face just under his right eye. It left a nice purple bruise that is just now yellowing and disappearing.
On Saturday my parents and I took the boys to the park. Barrett fell and scraped his elbow. He also banged his head in three different places while going down one of the big slides. I don't have pictures of those. I did get a picture of Brody's knee (he scraped it up when he fell while running). He also had a big bump by his right eye (probably can't see it unless you click on the picture to make it bigger) from falling at the playground.
Then on Monday, at the pumpkin patch, Barrett fell off the tractor and busted his bottom lip. There's still a big scab there. The dr told me that it's a good thing we're vaccinating because without the tetanus shot, slicing open his chin on rusted metal could've killed him.
I know that it's just boys being boys (or toddlers being toddlers), but Mike and I both hope it's just a kid thing...and that the boys don't get my grace! I still run into things on a daily basis. Last night I banged my leg on the open dishwasher and now I have a nice cut/bruise on my leg!

4 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

Staci I am with you in the Grace department- I am always bruised or banging some body part on something... it's awufl.
Hopefully for the boys it's a toddler thing!

Jamie said...

Oh how I would love to talk to and challenge that dr.!!! God bless him!

Romaine said...

And those boys are just getting started...whoa! You may have a few trips to the ER ahead of you. But hopefully not many--or any, actually.

Leave It To Davis said...

Bryan had an identical goose egg bump on his forehead when he was around a year and a half. The older boy across the street thought it would be funny to raise the slide up that Bryan was standing on and let it fall to the ground with a bump....only it was Bryan that fell to the ground and the little slide was on concrete. It is a wonder any of these kids live to be teens! Keep a box of bandaids on hand at all times!