Friday, October 16, 2009

Chasin' after a little white ball

Mike used to call our friend, Chris, and ask him if he was having fun "playing in the dirt". (Chris would be driving his tractor around on the field). Chris in turn would call Mike and tease him about wasting his time "chasin' after a little white ball" (aka playing golf).

This morning I promised Brody that we'd go chase after a little white ball (ok...so maybe they're either red, green, yellow, or blue at Putt Putt...but you know what I mean) after lunch. After stopping by the gym to buy my membership (yay! I finally have a new gym!), going to Fry's Electronics (because what's a Friday off work for Daddy Steve without Fry's?! Ok...maybe it's because I needed to get something there too), taking shoes back, having a spontaneous playdate with Jamie & Kori, and eating lunch at Chick-fil-a with Caleb, Daddy Steve and I finally made it to Putt Putt with the boys.



Brody thought it would be a great idea to get his picture taken with the turtle sculpture since his class at pre-school is called the Turtles. He put on his fake smile for the picture.

Barrett missed his morning nap since we were running errands. It wasn't long before he started dozing off in the backpack.

Fun was had by all as we played 18 holes of miniature golf. We got back in the car just as it was Brody's nap time, however, we had one more stop to make. Sam's Club. Daddy Steve and Brody made sure to get one of every sample food that was offered while I got the necessary shopping items loaded in our cart.

When we got home it was almost time for Mike to get home from work, so I just let the boys play outside while I planted some flowers. (I know. Planting flowers doesn't sound like me at all does it? No, I haven't grown a green thumb. Mike bought some flowers the other day and we started planting them with the boys the other night. Mike asked if I could finish getting them planted today while I was off work. Since he had them laid out and all I needed to do was dig holes...I gave it a try. For some reason I'm afraid that I didn't do it right and they'll all die! lol)



They had fun playing together, but I was paying for the no-nap-day by dinner time. Everyone was cranky (me included). So much so that by 7:30 I made the executive decision that early bedtimes were necessary tonight. We had so much fun today, but it left me totally exhausted! As I put Brody in bed I apologized to him for being so grouchy tonight. He said, "I forgive you."

The house is quite right now...except for these little gnats that have plagued our house the past few days and are buzzing around me. Maybe that's my sign to just give up and go to bed....but it's not even 9:30 pm! Is that allowed?

3 comments:

megan said...

sounds like a really fun day. and, there must have been something in the air because I was totally cranky last night, too. Camryn thought it would be cool to nap for 20 minutes in the car and then not at all the rest of the day. Logan and Connor thought it would be cool to whine the entire afternoon and evening. My opinion? Not cool. Not cool at all. :)

I'm glad you got to join a gym! I know how much you love your classes.

The Goforths said...

Putt putt is a hit with our boys, too!

Ann Hastings said...

Don't worry, I fear the same thing if I have to plant something at our house!!