Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Running Partner

I may have found a new running partner!

This week I started back at the gym. That means I'm back to falling asleep by 10 pm and getting up before 5 am. The weather has been too rainy and cool for me to feel like taking the boys running...so off to the gym I go.

Yesterday morning I went to a new aerobics class (which kicked my butt!). I was going to take a shower while Brody ate breakfast, but he started begging me, "Mommy! I really want to go on a run today." I finally decided that I'd just take them on a short run (I couldn't handle my normal 3+ mile run after the morning aerobics class) after Barrett woke up. As I got the boys dressed, Brody informed me that he wanted to run.

So we started off with Brody running in front of the double jogger while I pushed Barrett. I figured this would last maybe 5 minutes and then he'd want to get in the stroller while I ran.

I was wrong!

Brody ran 1.25 miles while Barrett and I ran behind him.

I was shocked! It reminded me of the days that Dad and I would run together when I was little. I don't know how old I was when I ran my first race alongside my dad. I know I was in 6th grade when I ran my first 10k and I'd run many 5k's and fun runs before that. I really enjoy running with my Dad. Maybe it's something that I'll get to enjoy with my sons too!

This morning Brody was sooo disappointed when I told him we couldn't go running because it was raining. If it was just the two of us I might have taken him...but I don't have a rain cover for the stroller and I bet Barrett would be pretty miserable riding in the rain! Maybe the sun'll come out tomorrow...

4 comments:

Amy said...

You have an amazing little boy.

Steve and Joan said...

Staci, I really enjoyed running with you also! Training for the marathon we ran together was great! The boys have many miles ahead of them!

Leave It To Davis said...

That is so sweet that his running with you made you remember good times with your dad. Isn't life great?

Grammy said...

Brody - that's spectacular!! I
know your mom will enjoy her new
running partner.