Friday, October 02, 2009

Excess Energy

It was a little challenging getting all of our stuff to our hotel room while wrangling the boys...but I did it! I was pretty tired and would've loved to have laid down for a little nap...but the boys had other ideas. They'd been napping off and on all day and were full of energy! Brody was practicing his baseball slide by running from one side of the room to the other and then sliding down the hall towards the door. I was afraid that the people in the room underneath us would soon be calling the front desk to complain, so we headed back downstairs and asked where the nearest park was (I wasn't going to trust the parks website this time!) The manager pointed me in the direction of a "beautiful, new playground".

What he forgot to tell me was that this weekend is G.A.D. (Great Andover Days) in Andover, KS...and the festival is being held at the "beautiful, new park" (seems like that's my luck this trip). We followed the policeman's instructions and parked in a parking lot by the practice football field. I was trying to decide if it was a good idea to go to the festival or not. Instead of letting the kids run wild, I'd have to make them stay in line and behave. I was happy when we walked down the hill to the practice football field and Brody suggested just playing there.

I tried to teach Brody the correct start position for a sprint race, but he just didn't get it. This was the closest he got.


He had no problem figuring out the running part of the spring. Notice the grit and determination on his face.





Needless to say, he left Barrett in the dust...


but Barrett didn't care! He kept right on truckin'.


Then we spent some time playing football. My boys don't seem to understand the concept of two below and they insisted on tackling me after every catch that I made!


We had fun playing on the football field. When we left we headed to Spangles (do they have these in other states besides KS?) and then back to the hotel. We burned off a little more energy in the hotel pool. When Barrett's lips were blue and his teeth were chattering, we headed back to our room. Then it was bath time and bed time for the boys. It's a little difficult to get them to go to sleep in the same room. They just keep talking to each other and laughing! I finally did it though. They're both asleep and my head will be hitting the pillow soon too. Just as soon as I can put down the book that Audria loaned me (New Moon).

2 comments:

Amy said...

You are crazy!! I can't wait to hear more about it!

Teri said...

Spangles and Sonic, my neices from PA always have to check those out!