Monday, October 19, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009

Today the boys and I went to a pumpkin patch in Flower Mound with some friends from church (Anna & Autumn; Shelly, Avery, & Reagan; and Leanne & Andrew).

There were actually two different pumpkin patches side by side. The first one we went to was supposed to be "the good one". The problem with going to the "good one" is that EVERYONE goes to the good one! It was crazy. There were bus loads of kids who were there on field trips along with hundreds of moms and their toddlers. We spent an hour fighting the crowds. There was even a 5 minute period where one of the kids in our group got separated and we had to split up to find her! Talk about scary! We decided to forgo the stress of the "good" pumpkin patch and go back down the road to the second one.

We made the right choice. Pumpkin patch #2 was not crowded at all. In fact, it was peaceful and we felt like we were out in the country rather in the middle of New York City! I loved the sign that they had posted several places around the patch...

I took 172 pictures today...so I'm pretty pleased that I was able to narrow it down to 13 for a post. (Well...that's not exactly true because I'm gonna do a separate post with pictures of the boys on one of the old farm tractors...but there's only 13 pics in this post!)
There were bounce houses galore at the pumpkin patch. I bet Brody spent a total of an hour bouncing up and down. I wonder if his calves will be sore tomorrow?

I ran into Lance & Ashley Hall at Pumpkin Patch #1. While I was talking to Ashley, Brody ran over to this group of pumpkins by the fence and just sat there...eating cheerios and watching the chaos. It looks pretty peaceful from this angle!
I was trying to get a pic of the boys when a "helpful" lady walked up and started talking to them trying to get them to smile for me. The problem? She was standing up about 6 feet away from me. Hmmm. Not exactly where I was wanting them to look.
Brody tried his hardest to keep Barrett sitting by him for a good picture...but after this Barrett was done!





Everyone had so much fun today. I'm kinda sad that we didn't get a group shot...and it's funny to me that I didn't get any pictures of the other kids. Makes it seem like we went all by ourselves! We had great company and great weather...and we were all exhausted by the time we headed for home.

The ride home was going great. Barrett was sleeping, Andrew and Brody were playing together, and Leanne and I were talking. Then a warning light began to flash on my dashboard. I looked up and saw that my rear drivers tire was losing air pressure. We exited at the next exit to check it out. By the time we went a couple blocks and pulled into a tire shop, the tire was flat! I'm so thankful that we have the tire sensor on our car. It would not have been fun to be stuck on the side of the highway with a flat tire considering the fact that we had 3 kids in the back seat and I'd've had a pregnant lady (Leanne) as my sidekick! We said a prayer of thanks when the mechanic got us in right away and had us back on the road 20 minutes and $10 later.

We made it home safely and I carried the kids from the car straight to their beds for a nap.

4 comments:

Mom said...

Those are really cute pictures! I am not surprised that the mechanic got you out quick. He would be crazy to make two ladies with 3 kids wait very long!

Ann Hastings said...

So glad that y'all were able to go to the pumpkin patches :) Wish I could have met you for lunch!!! I am happy that your car has that warning light too- really neat! Glad you were able to get it fixed and get home safely!
By the way, I LOVE Barrett's little shoes, TOO CUTE!

Steve and Joan said...

Staci you are so beautiful!

Dad

Leave It To Davis said...

Love the pic of Brody smashing Barrett's face.....that's one for the high school graduation scrap book! Aren't boys fun?