Saturday, October 10, 2009

God gave us a chatterbox

This morning Brody started talking from the moment he woke up...and he hardly took a breath all morning! He talked to Mike while they went to Wal-mart. He talked to me and Barrett while Mike changed the oil in the car. Talk. Talk. Talk! Mike decided to take the boys to Cabela's before lunch (although they only ended up making it as far as Fry's Electronics and Dick's Sporting Goods). While we were buckling the boys in the car I asked Brody, "Do you ever stop talking?" His response?

"Nope! Because that's the way God made me!"

6 comments:

RaeAnn said...

He's such a cutie! Wish he would have talked more to us while you guys were here!

Gmommy said...

What a wonderful response!!!!

Shelly said...

Avery is a talker too. You can't understand her when she gets on a roll, but I always think about how what things will be like when she gets just a bit older. We seriously aren't going to be able to shut her up. Maybe we can put her and Brody in a room together and they can have a "talk off". I got money on Avery! :-)

Ann Hastings said...

That is so cute... he's so smart and halarious!

Nancy said...

How can you argue against that one?!

Leave It To Davis said...

It's genetic....I would be sitting on the kitchen counter talking to Grandmommy while she was cooking supper, and Daddy Ken would offer me a quarter if I could be quiet for five minutes (hey! a quarter would buy a candy bar and a coke back then)....I NEVER got that quarter. The only times I ever got in trouble in school were for talking. He can't help it. It's just in his genes.....