Sunday, October 04, 2009

Headed back home

My dream of a good nights sleep will have to wait for another day. Barrett was up crying this morning at 2:30 am!!! This is sooooo unlike him! He usually sleeps from 8 pm to 8 am without so much as a peep! Again, I ended up with him in bed with me (in an effort to keep from waking up Brody who was sleeping peacefully on his pallet on the floor). Around 6 am he felt warm so I gave him some more Tylenol. By the time we all got up at 7:45, his temp was only at 99.1.

Nancy drove down from St. John to visit us for a little bit before we headed home. She ate breakfast with us at the hotel and then played with the boys in the hotel room. Barrett was not himself. He was walking around holding his head and rubbing his eyes. Of course, I may have been doing that too since I was so tired!

Not long after we got in the car to head home, Barrett was asleep. I was so jealous! I thought about asking Brody to drive so that I could take a nap too...but then I remembered that he wouldn't be able to see over the steering wheel and reach the pedals at the same time. Oh well. Maybe in another 13 years.

The trip home was uneventful. Mike beat us home from his hunting lease by 20 minutes. Barrett was so happy to see Daddy. He didn't want to let him go. He also seemed like he was feeling just fine! He hasn't had a fever since 7:45 am and he was just running around a playing like normal. So, I'm not sure what he had...I'm just glad that we didn't bring the H1N1 back with us!

We had a great time in Kansas and I'm so glad we went...but I'm also glad that Mike will be with us on the next long car ride. I've said it before and I'll say it again...I have no idea how single moms do it!

2 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

SO glad y'all made it back safely and Barrett isn't too sick, we've been praying for him.

RaeAnn said...

Glad you made it back safely and Barrett got better. What the girls had was only a 1 day thing and doctors said it wasn't even the flu. Sorry if we gave it to Barrett.

I don't know how single mom's do it either. I live for weekends when Scott is off!