Sunday, July 04, 2010

July 4th

Today we were kid less.  Daddy Steve and Namaw took Brody & Barrett with them to Temple after church today and won't be back until tomorrow evening.  David & Daina (Audria's parents) invited us over to their house for an Independence Day celebration.  We had a fun evening of food, friends, and fireworks.  There was a nice breeze and the temperature was cooler.  (I didn't break a sweat at a July 4th party in Texas.  How crazy is that?!?)  Another perk was that David had sprayed for bugs so I didn't get a single mosquito bite!  The guys did break a sweat.  I guess 2 hours of volleyball will do that to ya.  The fireworks were pretty cool.  David & Daina live out in the country (well...what city folk consider the country) and so all the neighbors were shooting off fireworks.  One of the neighbors spent over $3k on fireworks!  It was nice not to have to worry about parking and crowds to see some good fireworks.  I took my camera with me, but I guess I was just having too much fun and forgot to get it out of my purse!  You'll just have to take my word...it was a fun July 4th!

No comments: