Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Date with my Dad

It's been many, many years since I've been on a date with my Dad.  He used to take me on dates when I was a little girl and I always felt so special!  It was fun to have time with him all by myself. 

As a late Father's Day present, I took my dad on a date last night!  He still picked me up for the date and opened doors and made me feel special...but I footed the bill.  We went to see Knight and Day (crazy that I went to the movies 2 days in a row since I'm not sure when the last time I went to the movies was before Monday?!)  It was a good movie.  Not an epic movie, but it was still good. There were definitely lots of laughs!

After the movie we were starving!  One of the first restaurants we saw was On the Border and since Mexican food always sounds good to a Texan...we pulled right in!  We had fun eating and talking about life.  It was fun to have dinner with just my dad.  I don't remember the last time it was just the two of us!

Thanks, Dad, for a fun evening...and thanks for always making me feel special and telling me how much you love me.  I'm so blessed to have you for my Dad!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

So much fun! I still owe my dad a date from his birthday back in May! It'll probably be this week. I may even find time to blog about it along with everything else I haven't said in a while. :)