Sunday, July 25, 2010

"I got to shoot a REAL gun!"

Yesterday morning Mike asked Brody if he'd want to go to the gun range with him and Caleb.  I wish you could've seen the excitement plastered all over his face as he ran to tell me!  He was soooooooooo excited!  It was like a dream come true!  He tried on the ear protectors and decided that they fit just right, he put on his camo shorts and camo sunglasses, he put his toy pistol in his pocket, and then he was ready to go!  Here are a few pictures from their time at the gun range...
Brody is pulling the lever to release the skeet into the air for Caleb to shoot.  Notice how he's also aiming at the skeet with his pistol?!


This was Brody's favorite picture because you can see the skeet flying in the air.
The most exciting part of the day was that Brody got to shoot a real gun!  Mike said that Brody shot over 100 rounds on his .22 (with Mike's help, of course)!  Brody was soooo proud when he got home. 


Time to go get the target...
Brody brought the target home to hang in his room.  He told me that all the little holes are shots that he fired.
Brody said that his second favorite part of the day was getting to eat a chocolate chip cookie at lunch!
Barrett was very sad that he didn't get to go to the gun range.  Everyone has told him that when he gets older he'll get to go.  He's come up to me several times today saying, "My go to gun range when my older!"  I guess the day that Mike asks Barrett to go to the gun range will be the day that another little boy has his dream come true.

6 comments:

Paula said...

Hey Staci, Your pictures are so much nicer, bigger and just better all the way around. Did you change something? Come to think of it, maybe it's just that I'm looking at them on my big monitor instead of my I-phone like usual. LOL. You still take the best self-portraits of anybody I know. Amazing!

Ann Hastings said...

So cute, glad they had so much fun!

Ann Hastings said...

So cute, glad they had so much fun!

Mom said...

Did Caleb not get the memo about wearing camo shorts?

Amy said...

Brody (and Barrett) are going to make the best little Cub Scouts when they get older! I'm sure Mike can't wait for that, either.

Teri said...

Looks like fun! the cookie looks like it was worth the wait!