Friday, July 23, 2010

Date with Mommy

Today I finally got to take Brody on a date!  (Remember how we gave him coupons for dates on Valentine's Day?)  I had 2 free passes to see Toy Story 3 and Brody was really excited to get to go to a movie at the theater.  This was only his 2nd time to go see a movie at the theater!  He sat in a booster seat (because the seat kept folding up on him when he sat in it without a booster) in the seat next to me for the first half of the movie.  He held my hand the entire time he was sitting next to me.  Soooooo sweet!!!!  Then he spent the last half of the movie sitting in my lap.  I guess my lap is a little more padded than a plastic booster.
Yes, I cried at the end of the movie.  What can I say?  I was sitting there with my little boy in my lap watching a movie about a little boy growing up and going off to college!  What mom wouldn't shed a few tears?!?

Of course, I'm not sure why I thought it'd be a good idea to stop at Daddy Steve and Namaw's old house after the movie.  You know...the one I grew up in...the one that is full of memories?!?  Brody wanted to do a bunch of things one more time.  He wanted to climb in the loft and look at Daddy's office in Ft. Worth one more time...he wanted to crawl thru the secret passage way one more time...he wanted to look in the Daddy C attic on more time...he wanted to look down the laundry shoot one more time...he wanted to pee in the toilet upstairs one more time! lol
He also wanted to run around the living room.  He tried to convince me that we should get rid of our furniture and carpet our living room so he'd have a good place to run inside.  I told him that wasn't gonna happen...but he could run around Daddy Steve and Namaw's old living room one more time.
Next stop was a restaurant with an indoor playground (per Brody's request).  I wanted to take him to IHOP, but he thought that was the silliest idea he'd ever heard because you eat at IHOP for breakfast and it was dinner time!  So we stopped at Popeye's Chicken.  It has a humongous indoor playground.  I think the slide is at least 3 stories tall!

After Brody finished eating his chicken and biscuit (side note: He decided to dip his biscuit in honey and ketchup!  I told him that was gross...so he thought it was hilarious and kept doing it!  He ate his whole biscuit like that!  Gross!!!) he played for awhile on the playground.  Before long we decided it was time to go home so that he'd have a little time to play with Daddy before bed.
 
As we climbed in the car to go home Brody said, "Mommy.  I love you!  Thank you so much for taking me on a date.  I had so much fun!"
 
I had fun too!  Have I mentioned that Brody's my favorite 3 year old in the entire world?

1 comment:

Ann Hastings said...

I LOVE that Brody held your hand :) SO cute!!! What a great date night... fun memories!