Saturday, July 17, 2010

Caleb's Birthday

We started the birthday celebrations early this morning!  Everyone arrived at Caleb and Audria's house around 9 am for a birthday breakfast in Caleb's honor.  Audria made a delicious breakfast (she even made pancakes and homemade syrup)! 

Even Barrett has learned to ask to play video games when he goes to Caleb's house.  He was the one asking to play today.
When Caleb & Audria's niece, Sadie, arrived she wanted to get in on the action!
We hung out for a while at Caleb & Audria's house and then we decided to take advantage of our pool during the heat of a Texas summer day.  They guys played basketball... (This is pretty cool picture.  It's either showing that Caleb has amazing ups and can jump all the way out of the water to dunk the ball....or it's showing him jumping backwards into the pool while shooting.  What do you think?) 
While Ann and I talked and tried to practice floating on our backs.  Ann was awesome at floating on her back.  I've never been able to float on my back for very long.  Notice in the picture below how Ann is floating on top of the water while my legs slowly sink towards the bottom!  I know the proper form/technique...but I just can't get it to work!
Now it's time to go get ready to celebrate GG's birthday at Daddy Steve and Namaw's house!

3 comments:

Ann Hastings said...

We had SO much fun spending the day with y'all :) I had no idea I could float on the water like that... craziness!

Tyler Hastings said...

Caleb actually had jumped from the other side of the pool. You caught him at the end of his 360 flip dunk.

Mom said...

That's my boy!