Friday, August 07, 2009

TEN YEARS!

Today is our 10 year wedding anniversary. Ten years ago I had tons of butterflies in my stomach and couldn't eat the amazing spread of food that Paula brought over for breakfast. I was busy making sure that everything was in order for our special day. It was a truly special day. I married a man that I love more than anyone on earth. Little did I know how much that love would grow and grow over the years. As I look thru our anniversary book (where I put a picture and write about the events of each year of marriage), it's hard to believe all that we have done together. We had 7 glorious years of marriage before Brody was born...and we've had 3 glorious years together as parents. I can't put into words how much Mike means to me and how blessed the boys and I are to have him in our life.


This is the quote from the 10 year page in our anniversary book.


Grow old along with me!
The best is yet to be,
The last of life
for which the first was made.
-Robert Browning


We have so much fun together. Whether we're eating dinner at a fancy restaurant, on a mountain top in Colorado, spending time with our boys, sky diving out of a plane, or just taking a nap on a towel in the park...there's no one I'd rather spend the rest of my life with!

I love you Mike!

8 comments:

gg said...

Such a sweet post. I am so glad that Mike became a part of our family, and the father of my grands.

megan said...

happy anniversary!

RaeAnn said...

Happy Anniversary! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Steve and Joan said...

I am very proud that you married Mike. I remember you telling us that Mike was "the one" and you were right!

Happy Anniversary Staci and Mike! Sorry we aren't there to keep the kids today but it sure was fun keeping them last weekend.

Romaine said...

Congratulations on the big 1-0.

www.salad-in-a-jar.com

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

congrats! i didn't know y'all were married that long....very cool!

Karen said...

Happy 10th Anniversary! We celebrate ours next year and I can't wait!!

Don and Barb said...

Happy Anniversary you 2! That's awesome! And guess what? We celebrate our 40 (yup, that's fortieth!) anniv. on the 22nd of this month! Time sure flies when you're with the one you love! :-)
In HIS love, Don & Barb