Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Hawaiian Falls

On Monday, Audria and I took Brody to Hawaiian Falls (a local water park). I didn't take my camera with me, so the pic above is one of us before we left. Brody was so excited to go, but he was a little reserved when we first arrived. We had to practically force him to go on the slides in the kiddie area, but once he went down them he liked them. What he didn't like was the huge bucket of water that would dump on the kiddie area every 5-10 minutes. For that reason, we spent more time in the other areas of the park. He loved the lazy river and eventually he came to love the wave pool. At first he was a little scared of the waves, but by the end of the day he didn't want to leave and was jumping into/over the waves. Audria and I were having fun playing with him and laughing with him as he cracked up laughing with each and every wave. All too soon it was time to go home. He told me that when we go back next year he just wants to go to the river and the wave pool.

3 comments:

Amy Godknecht said...

It's funny how all the kids really don't like that bucket of water. Autumn is 6 and still doesn't like it. That area would be perfect if it didn't have that bucket! Glad you guys had a good time.

Teri said...

sounds like a good day! Our kids love our annual trips to the water parks. (and I always hate leaving the camera behind!)

Ledbetter Fam said...

Wade and Lafe don't mind the big bucket so much, but Joseph won't even play on that area!!! I wish it didn't do that. Maybe if enough of us say something, it will stop. Who knows. It would be just as fun with all the water that sprays in different directions. We have season passes. You should let me know when you go again (probably next season). I bet my boys would love playing with Brody in the pool.