Monday, August 10, 2009

Sibling Saturday and Failing the Mom Test

On Saturday we picked up Caleb & Audria and headed over to Tyler & Ann's house for the day. First things first...food. We started off by having lunch at the Blue Goose. Can you guess what kind of food they serve based on the name? I couldn't! It was Mexican...and it was yummy!!

After lunch the guys went to a movie while the little boys napped and the girls hung out at Tyler & Ann's house. Brody and Barrett had just woken up when the guys got home from their movie. Brody was so excited for them to get home and immediately asked for someone to play Foosball with him.

Barrett was more into wrestling since he couldn't reach the Foosball table.

Next the girls went to a nail salon for a mani/pedi and the guys took Brody and Barrett to Bass Pro. When we met back up at Tyler and Ann's, they cooked a wonderful dinner for us. I didn't get a picture of the dinner, but I did get a picture of their beautiful new dining room!

Soon after dinner (we didn't eat until 7:30) we put the boys to bed. Brody didn't want to sleep on the bed, instead he asked Tyler if he could use his sleeping bag and sleep on the floor.

We had so much fun hanging out and after talking until close to midnight, we decided we should load the kids up for the hour trek home. They did good most of the way home. The downfall came just after we dropped Caleb & Audria off...only 1 mile from our house. All of the sudden Barrett coughed...and then threw up all over his carseat! It smelled awful and we immediately rolled down all the windows while I leaned of the seat to hold him the last few blocks home.

I'm sorry to say that I didn't pass the mom test this time. I hope this isn't a sign of what's to come...but I couldn't handle the throw up! I took Barrett straight to the bathroom (carseat and all) and Mike was carrying Brody to bed. I was trying to get Barrett out of his carseat to put him in the bathtub and I don't know if it was the smell or the sight of green bean chunks...but I was soon gagging uncontrollably. Mike heard me and came in and took over. Thank you, honey!!!

After cleaning up Barrett, washing his carseat, and unloading the car, we didn't get to bed until after 2:00 am. It was a little hard to open our eyes on Sunday morning when the boys were up at their normal time...but it was worth it to spend the day with our brothers and sisters.

1 comment:

Ann Hastings said...

We had a great time with y'all, thanks for spending the day with us! Love you