Sunday, August 16, 2009

Daddy Steve's Birthday

Today was Daddy Steve's birthday. After church, we took him to lunch at Spring Creek BBQ.

Later in the afternoon, Tyler, Caleb, Mike, and a few other guys met Daddy Steve at the football fields for a game. It was a HOT afternoon to play...but they had fun!

We gave Daddy Steve his birthday present at Brody's birthday party. We all went in to get him tickets to the Paul McCartney concert at Cowboys Stadium this coming Wednesday night! He was so excited (proof in his face below...I think he was saying, 'Cool!" He said that he'd already resigned himself to the fact that he'd never get to see Paul McCartney in person. The Beatles were one of the first groups that he really liked...so he has a lot of memories with Paul McCartney songs.

Happy Birthday Daddy Steve! I'm glad we got to spend the day with you today!

2 comments:

Grammy said...

I, of all people, know how very much this meant to him. I watched him bring home each of those Beatle albums, and I saw how he treasured them.....delicately placing them back into those album sleeves and sliding them back into the covers....then telling me under no circumstances was I to touch one of them! I remember the day that my daddy told us to hurry up and come see history being made.....they were on the Ed Sullivan show singing in America for the first time.....we loved them along with everyone else....then we went as a family to see A Hard Day's Night....such wonderful memories....you think you know how much this meant to him, but you will truly never know. I do. It was probably the best gift anyone has ever given him, with the exception of permission from the Wrights to marry Joan. You kids are the BEST!

Ann Hastings said...

Glad y'all went to lunch to celebrate, we enjoyed seeing him on Saturday for lunch and getting to watch him open his present- we loved getting him the tickets too:)