Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Chocolate Milk...the new look

Yesterday the boys and I had lunch with GG and Sissie. After lunch, Brody convinced Sissie to let him ride on the seat of her walker while she pushed it back to GG's apartment. Of course she was happy to let him ride (but joked the whole time about trying to take and eat the ice cream cone he was carrying).
For some reason, I always forget to take Barrett's bib when we go...and he always gets really messy! The lunch was really good and wasn't too messy (besides the red jello)...but that doesn't mean Mama's not gonna make a mess anyways! Yep, it was my fault. I had just finished helping Sissie clean up the tea that she spilled when I picked up Barrett's sippy cup to hand to him. I guess I'd set it down to help Sissie and had forgotten to finish putting the lid on the sippy! When I picked it up it turned over and dumped all of contents onto my little toddler who was standing at the table reaching up for the cup! His hair and clothes were suddenly soaked in chocolate milk! Of course, I didn't bring extra clothes, so we just mopped up what we could and let him wear the rest. He didn't seem to mind.
Back at GG's apartment, the boys found lots of things to play with. Barrett's favorite was the organ. He could've sat there for hours playing it! He'd push the keys and then laugh and turn to see if everyone was watching.
GG got some dominoes out for Brody to play with and he helped her organize them in several different boxes.
When the boys started getting fussy, we left and headed to work so they could take a nap. I think this is the first time I've taken both boys to GG's for lunch without Namaw there to help. I was a little nervous about it beforehand...but they did great and we had lots of fun visiting. Thanks for lunch, GG!

1 comment:

GG said...

Such a cute picture of Barrett playing the organ. Brody amazes Sis and me by all his grown up thoughts and expressions. They are so much fun to visit with. Staci, I did enjoy your visit, also.