Friday, August 14, 2009

"I'm THREE!"

Brody ran into the living room this morning and said, "I'm three!!!" He was a little disappointed that he wasn't as tall as Daddy yet (for some reason he thought that when he turned three he'd be much taller), but he got over that pretty quick when I reminded him that we were going to get donuts for breakfast. We put a candle in his sprinkle donut and Barrett watched while Brody and I sang "Happy Birthday".

Around 9:30 Grammy showed up to take Brody on a special outing. The first stop was Putt Putt Golf. Maybe it was the excitement of the day, but she said he only lasted 10 holes and then they went inside and played a game of bowling.


Barrett and I met up with Grammy, Brody, Angela, and Jayden for lunch at McDonald's. I had to laugh when I looked over to see Brody sitting in Ronald McDonald's lap while he was waiting for our food. (Side note: He did wear shoes...he'd just already taken them off to play on the indoor playground.)



Next stop was the train station. We took all the boys on a miniature train ride by the Ft. Worth Zoo.



We had to wait about 30 minutes for the next train and Brody was excited to see it finally coming around the bend!



Barrett thought it was fun to wave and say "Bye" and spent a lot of the 45 minute ride waving.

Of course, he also made time to eat some cheerios.

Brody went back and forth between Grammy's seat and Angela's seat.

Our attempt at getting a picture of Grammy with all the boys was futile! This was the closest we got! Not quite the framer I was hoping for.

Now this on, on the other hand, is definitely a framer! What a gorgeous mother and son!




Here we are in front of the engine.
After the train ride, I headed home with Barrett while Brody got to spend the night at Mark & Angela's with Grammy. They took him out to dinner at Black Eyed Pea and apparently he was a little shy when the wait staff sang "Happy Birthday" to him. It doesn't look like he was shy when it came to eating the sundae they brought!


Thanks, Grammy, for making Brody's third birthday such a special day!

3 comments:

megan said...

what a fun day! and i really like your hair wavy like that. it's cute!

Teri said...

Happy Birthday Brody, it looks awesome! You are getting so big!

Leave It To Davis said...

How do you have the time to work and keep your house immaculate, post on your blog and do all these things with your kids? Are you up until 3 in the morning? Please clue me in on how to get as much out of 24 hours as you do!!! (p.s. I changed my sign-in....I must have been confusing you with my "grammy" sign-on....this is Cindy, not your mother-in-law....sorry! I didn't realize we were using the same grandma name!")