Saturday, August 01, 2009

Runnin' in style

Ever since we moved into our new house, I've been exercising at home with the boys in tow. Some days I do a workout dvd and other days we go for a jog. The only problem with jogging is that I have a single jogging stroller. Both boys don't fit in the single jogger. That means that I have been running with my double stroller that's really meant for walking around a mall! It's a very nice stroller (as you can see below) and even works well for going on walks. It is not, however, a good stroller to run with. It is a little difficult to control at fast speeds and extremely hard to turn around corners while I'm jogging. Granted, it does give me a good arm workout...but I've gotten more than a few looks on my jaunts around the neighborhood pushing the boys in this.

NO LONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanne, a friend from church, told me that a local consignment store had a double jogging stroller for sale. I was so excited! I've been looking for one at garage sales and on Craigslist, but I had yet to find a good one. I loaded the boys up in the car and headed to the store the very next morning. When I saw the stroller sitting out front it was an "aaaaahhhhh!" moment! Not only was it in great shape and colors that I love (I was a little afraid I'd show up and it'd be pink and purple), but it had all the features I was looking for. It has a storage compartment and 2 cup holders on the handle bars. It has storage pockets on the back of and underneath both seats. Most importantly it has a front wheel that either locks in place (great for running) or swivels (great for walking)! Yes!!! The boys and I were so excited. I was especially excited to get such a great deal (I got it for $80 less than a new one).

The stroller rolls so smoothly on the street and it's so much easier to jog with the boys now (not to mention I'm now runnin' in style! lol) They (currently) love sitting side by side in the stroller where they can talk and play while I jog. It melted my heart on Thursday when I looked down during my run to see them holding hands while Barrett admiringly looked at Brody who was telling him a story.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is a "neat stroller" - congrats on such a good deal. I know you and the boys will really enjoy the running/riding now.

I sure did enjoy yall's visit. Tell Mike, Brody, and Barrett "hello".

Jennifer said...

That's awesome! I got a double jogging stroller last year off craigslist for $70. It's been great for walks (running and I don't get along!) and my kids also like riding in it. If it's ever just sitting in the backyard, Jacob usually climbs in and just sits there!

Ann Hastings said...

COOL! That's so cute... I can just picture it now... Broday telling a story and Barrett loving every second of it :)

Steve and Joan said...

It is a great jogging stroller. Very smooth. Brody likes to encourage whoever is pushing to run... he doesn't enjoy the strolling as much as the running does he!

RaeAnn said...

I've been running (well more like jogging) some too and love our jogging stroller. We had a double stroller like your other one but didn't like it. We use the jogger everywhere we go. It's sometimes doesn't fit through doors but it is a lot easier to push! Glad you found one in such grea shape so cheap!

Paula said...

Now that is very cool. I'm impressed with your diligence to workout.

Kyle & Susie Rhodes said...

looks like fun! i haven't decided if i want to buy a jogging stroller yet or not. with 2 kids, i can see how that would come in handy.

Teri said...

My double one was also a bike trailer, that seems like ages ago. Your's looks awesome! Enjoy. Now if my kids come with they have to run with me or ride their bikes!