Tuesday, June 30, 2009

104.9

Nope. It's not a radio station...it was our youngest son's temperature when he woke up from his THREE HOUR nap this afternoon! I immediately put in a web check-in request for Care Now (our pediatrician isn't in the office this week) and gave Barrett some Motrin and a cool bath.

The verdict? Another ear infection! I told the doctor that Nancy and Angela mentioned to me that Barrett was pulling on his left ear on Saturday, but I had credited that to the fact that he has two teeth trying to push thru. I also thought that was the reason that he had a fever in the 100's Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The doc tried to put my mind at ease by telling me that the high fever was what should've alerted me to the ear infection and that the other symptoms could definitely be attributed to teething. It didn't make me feel much better though. I should've taken him in when they mentioned him pulling on his ear!

By the time we finally got home from the dr's office and pharmacy, he was wiped out and ready for bed. I hope that he sleeps better tonight than he did last night. I feel so bad for him. Imagine having an ear infection, a high fever, and two teeth coming in....oh and a smashed finger (you'll have to ask Brody about that one).

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

Don't feel bad. It took me days of Anna screaming bloody murder at night (when she was 3!) before I figured out something was actually wrong. I've learned to read her 'symptoms' of ear problems b/c she nevers complains of them hurting or messes with them. And that's taken me 4 years!! So you're doing great! :) Praying he sleeps good tonight and feels better quickly.

Rebecca said...

Poor guy! Hopefully he'll be feeling much better tomorrow after he's had a few doses of his meds!

Amy said...

Poor Barrett. He's a tough little guy.

Steve and Joan said...

No wonder he wasn't smiling in the photo below!

I was complaining about my ear hurting on my last flight. It only hurt for about 4 minutes and I was miserable until the pressure equalized. Poor Barrett!!!

Get well quickly!

Daddy Steve

Jamie said...

Poor baby!! And- I can't believe he is one!! Its seems like yesterday you were pregnant at body pump. And a great looking pregnant mama you were!!

Teri said...

Oh poor babe! Hope he is feeling better and take it easy. If we called the MD for every low grade fever...oh wait, they'd like that! Besides not all ear pulling needs an antibiotic. He'll be OK, but I do hope he gets to feeling better!! Brody? :o)

megan said...

Poor Barrett! I hope that he is feeling better today. Don't feel bad...I've done the same thing, and it happens. It's so hard to know what's wrong when they are so little and can't tell us! Camryn and Barret are in the same miserable boat these days (I'm glad my mom is so good with sick babies because she is taking care of Cam and her ear infection and teething while I'm on a train on the way to Germany!) Hang in there, mama!

p.s. I got my ticket for girls weekend! only a few more weeks!

laura said...

Reese and Ben both had ear infections this past week. Crazy! I thought kids were supposed to be well in the summer and sick in the winter! No fun.